Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sampler Stitches & Paint

I have been wanting to dye and or paint fabric for awhile now so this aida is the result of playing.

So one day I decided to play with my fabric paints, Lumiere paints in the Halo and Jewel colors.

Taking a plastic plate, the kind you throw away. I put some water in it, dribbled the paint in the water and started dipping the aida in. Quick and easy. I did heat set them once they had dried.
Now I find working on plain aida fabric a bore, LOL.





















This one (above) is a sampling of the "T" stitch




















Alphabet stitches, linked




















Alphabet stitches, not linked















Detatched Holbein




















Finally the fan stitch

All of these will become part of my visual journal, each little sampler is 4"x6". I am taking the stitch examples from Carole Samples book Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches........which I understand is now available again in reprint. A really wonder resource for the stitcher.

This has been a very good exercise for me, I tend to use the same stitches over and over again, little did I know how much I have been missing.

Until later. God Bless!

No comments: