Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Book Tote & Lunch Bag

Book Tote & Lunch Bag

Two more projects complete
First a Book/Computer Tote
A in the hoop Lunch bag.

First the tote, 
the inside pockets, a set for both sides.

 The completed tote, made from wool jackets
from the thrift store, washed and dried to felt.
This tote will go to my daughters mentor teacher, for helping her through
her student teaching, her last semester of college.

Next, for my daughter
a lunch bag she requested.
This is an in the hoop project.
Project Tutorial 
 In the hoop means all parts to the project are made on the embroidery machine
Here the sides are made, placing the lining on the back side
of the hoop (with spray adhesive) then
turning it back over and placing the batting, then the 
outside fabric.  Sew this out.  It quilts it, sews all the edges and
the circle, after each part is trimmed.

 The little snowman marks where the second side will be placed
see the next picture as the second side is partly sewn out.


This is the flap, outside fabric


 Lining of the side pieces (on the underside of the hoop)
 After making 4 sides, the flap and front and back panels, 
time to sew it together again done on the embroidery machine.
 The finished lunch bag.  
To cute.
 Inside, with one pocket.
Enjoy Sis

Monday, March 10, 2014

Check Book Cover- In the Hoop

Check Book Cover

In the hoop project.
Design by

 Adding personalization
This was suppose to be an ID holder, did not want 
that so insred of cutting out the window, I put in my initials.

 Next to make the parts
all parts are made in the hoop on the machine

 First stitch the outline
the lay on the fabrics and let the machine work


 Then put on the ID holder

 Another part stitching out, this is the lining.

 I won't bore you with all the parts being stitched out
here is the completed 
checkbook cover

 The back
 The inside

Next up...a lunch bag
also a pincushion

Cute isn't it?

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Applique Embroidery Chickens

Chickens OH MY

It feels so good to be back to work.

At 6 weeks now since that wrist injury, though 
I am not at 100%.....I can work with my embroidery machine.

So, I wanted to finish up my 
applique chickens.
Each has its own personality. 

I got this set of patterns over at 
Golden Needle Designs

How cute are these?

The process is really kinda neat.

Load the design, set thee colors

First the machine makes an outline

Cover the outline with fabric

machine stitches the outline again
trim off the excess
Then it finishes up the design.
Here are the rest of the chickens
So cute.

One day I hope to be able to create designs like this.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Embroidery-7 Days A Week Designs

Back to Work

It has been 5 1/2 weeks since I fell on the ice,
today I was finally able to  work on the embroidery machine.  
It went good, besides I figured I don't get great sleep
because of the pain I still have
 so might as well give it something more to hurt about.    LOL

I first had to work with some thread tension issues, 
upon looking closely at the bobbin, and discovering the
bobbin was warped, I tossed it and got another.  
Next cleaned the bobbin spring, ran a tension test and all is well again.

I was working on these towels, when the tension went out,
and I encountered the ice.

Finished them up today, here they are.

So good to have them done and a smooth run.

I think i will finish the applique roasters, next.

Am also working on my Ruffled Roses quilt, 
Cowboy Carnavel is coming up and I need a quilt or two to put in the
quilt show.  Updates on this coming.

Until next time <3 br="">

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Red, White & Blue Quilt--Finished

Red, White & Blue


It is finished!
Quilted, and sent to it's new home.

 A few close ups

 The label
 A special label, sewn into the backing of the quilt.

I hope that Billie will enjoy her new quilt,
I enjoyed making it for her.

Merry Christmas, Mrs. B

Monday, December 09, 2013

Another Red, White & Blue Update


Red, White & Blue

Adding another touch
 One of the requests for this quilt was to add
"In God We Trust"
fire up the embroidery machine
 there ya go........
 All of the rows are put together,
top is done, tomorrow will construct the 
backing and get it onto the longarm.
 Another look at the center
Until tomorrow.

Saturday, December 07, 2013

Red, White & Blue Quilt

 Red, White & Blue

Progress Report

 All of the blue/white and red/white blocks are 
made and squared up

 Sashing and corner squares are cut

 Now to sew together the sashing strips and corner squares
 for placing between the rows.

Here are the first 3 rows of the quilt top
5 more rows to go, then to the quilting machine.