Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

RR details Candi block, This N That

Candi's block is finished, at least my part is. I had no real plans other then the beautiful painted button. First I stitched the heart on the left, done in a very colorful Sassa Lynne fine perle. It needed something else so with the same thread a vine of flowers was born. Next, with lace from a buy with Susan, that I cut apart the seam treatment was created on the right and a few seed beads added. I hope you like it Candi.















I have been kind of distracted lately, am feeling much better, but everything is calling for my attention. My interest in my herbal studies has really been taking me away.

Honor has been bestowed upon me, first Leslie and Hideko asked if I'd write for the CQI newletter, a small bit about our newest addition to the list....the Novice group. With this group I am also heading up a stitch sampler group and have started a lessons on color for the group.

Just a few days ago Rissa requested that I write for the CQmagonline ...... so my head has been spinning with that.

I only hope that I will be able to do justice to these things.

My entry for the Beaded Poem Contest (on CQI) has been submitted and voting is taking place, I will share it with you once that is done.

The last few days I have been working hot and heavy on my entry for the purse contest, (also on CQI) deadline is looming. Once that contest is over, I will share that entry with you as well.

So that is about it for now, God's Blessings to all. Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Gail,
That IS a beautiful button, and I like how you framed it with beads. The lace and the rest of the stitching is very nice, too; I'll bet Candi will love it.

Susan said...

I love the heart. That swirl in the center makes it even more graceful. Your part hangs together so nicely, and I love what you did.

Anonymous said...

I think your additions are beautiful!