Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Snow & Ice........ Christmas Stocking Update 5

Today's update on the Snow & Ice Stocking is a heart design. Carole Samples templates helped me to get this somewhat straight, along with good spacing and sizing. The thread is the Wildflowers that I have been using all along. A few pink beads decorate the straight stitches, which are not very even.

Up in the little patch to the left is a bow, done in the Sassa Lynne fine perle, parchment....oh by the way....I found this thread taking a nap right where I put it last. The other thread is still MIA, it will turn up one of these days, just when I least expect it. grin.

















On a bit of a different note. I have this beautiful antique cabinet, given to me by my MIL & FIL.
It has a wonderful old key, which needed a little adornment, so I attached a tassel and some beads, thought you might enjoy seeing it. So here ya go. Click for a closer look.

4 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You're building a wonderful stocking. Beautiful stitching!

NuvoFelt said...

Glad you found that thread! The stocking is coming along nicely.

Judy S. said...

Hi Gail,

Your stocking is looking great! I especially like the hearts. Well, I'll bet you never lose the key to your cabinet! And glad you found the thread. My beads were running all around on me yesterday!

Susan said...

The heart seam is really nice. I like the extra straight stitches for detail. Love the little bow thing, too.

That tassel is just too cool. You'll never lose the key now!