Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snow & Ice........ Christmas Stocking Update 4

Hi All ya'll........sorry it has been so long since I shared with you. I have been working on a Beaded Poem Challenge for my Yahoo list CQI and I can't share it just yet since we will be voting on the different works submitted, so will share it once the voting is done.

Here are a couple more tidbits from the Snow & Ice Christmas Stocking.

This treatment is one I saw in Carole Samples book Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches on page 97 you will find all kinds of Holbein-stitch designs, this one is on the upper left of the page. The white thread came in my Treasure Club packet from Evening Star Designs and I have to confess I don't know the name of it because it has grown legs and walked off somewhere. Sigh. The blue snowflake/star is 2 strands of rayon thread, with blue and pink seed beads.


Oh BTW, want to see what came in that
Treasure Club packet from ESD.?
Click here for a close up picture










Clamshells and pearls. I started this with just one row of these buttonhole stitch Clamshells, but decided to add a couple more rows. Glad I did, it works great. These are done in Sassa Lynne, fine pearle cotton in parchment, which I think is on the walk with the other white thread, cause I can find it either........OY!!!!



Remember to click on the picture if you want
a closer look.











I will try to be more timely with my posts. I still have a few more things to do with the front of this stocking, then I need to go back to work on a couple of things I put aside for awhile.

Until later, God Bless

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Gail,

Very pretty! I like the way the pearls set of the stitching...will have to look up the Hohlbein stitch as I can't remember it. Will be anxious to see your beaded poem challenge....sounds hard!

Susan said...

Your clamshells are beautiful, especially with the pearls and that lace underneath. I love the parchment and am thinking of ordering some more in the next order. If yours doesn't turn up, I'll share.

Gerry said...

I agree, the clamshells are beautiful. The look like a lovely layered lace motif. Wonderful job!