Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Snow & Ice........ Christmas Stocking Update

Snow & Ice .........Christmas Stocking.

Details begin to happen on this new Christmas stocking. Buttonhole scallops will be dressed with faux pearls, they are stitched in fine pearle cotton thread by Sassa Lynn, parchment is the color. I am thinking of perhaps filling the whole area with the scallops, I will decide a little later if it will balance out right.















Here I used, Wildflowers 159 Silver Blue cotton by Caron in the herringbone stitch. With clear/crystal seed beads. I will be adding more to this as I go along, I do not feel it is finished.
Stay tuned, more to come.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Gail,

Your seam treatments are really pretty. How did you do the snowflake?

Susan said...

Gail, it's looking beautiful, as I expected it would. I thought I recognized both the laces, and in looking at the close-ups, I realized I did! I love seeing people use the things from the lacebuys! I love your second photo - beautiful seam. I love the "wagon wheels" and am trying to visualize the corner with them. Like clamshells in quilting.

Rachel said...

very pretty