Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Destiny's Christmas Stocking

Where does the time go.....I am so sorry to be so long in posting.

Here are two more seam treatments for Destiny's stocking.....I think I will start calling this a Victorian Stocking. It really doesn't have any thing Christmas about it, though we sure can still use it for Christmas.

This treatment is done in Sassa Lynn thread with a fan buttonhole, some faux pearls, a straight stitch toped with sead beads in burgundy.

The SR roses are spider roses, done in a variegated hand dyed 4mm ribbon from Ribbon Smith. I may have to go back and add some SR leaves, what do you think?















Using a variegated pearl cotton that came in one of my Treasury Club packages from Evening Star Designs, the scallops are created using chain stitch. I have found I really like to do scallops using the chain stitch, it just gives them more substance. The flower beads were also included in one of the ESD Treasury Club packages, as was most of the fabrics in the stocking.
I used Carole Samples templates to help me get good spacing and even scallops and loops.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gail! Your stitching just gets more beautiful! This is wonderful. Can't wait to see the stocking in it's entirety.

Thelma said...

Wow Gail,,you should post these to the group so everyone can see what you've been doing with the templates. Awesome!