Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Destiny's Victorian/Christmas Stocking

I believe this is the last of the details I have for you on this stocking at the moment. It is nearing the end of the embellishment stage, soon I will assemble the stocking.

Please click for a close up view. Some of these things you have seen before so I won't explain them again. The vine however, is made with Sassa Lynne Perle cotton threads (I know..what else? LOL), using the chain stitch and french knots.















I have been completely lazy this last couple of weeks, not stitching much at all, just a little here and there. Instead I have been reading a book by Lois Hallock called Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space. Since we are now at the electrical stage on the new studio, it is time to decide on some of the permanent things like lighting, switches and plugs. I did get out and drill some holes to run the wire through yesterday. If you'd like to see some of the progress on that project visit my Wyoming blog where I have kept a running account of the building process.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Gail, She is going to LOVE it!! I have been watching the progress and it is beautiful.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a beautiful piece of work this is! All your stitching is 'to die for' and the Victorial look is spot on! Love it!