Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Quilting joins Inks and Paints

Greetings. I hope this post finds you all doing well.

I wanted to share with you one of my latest projects. Over on Facebook I met Sherry Harrison, she is an amazing quilter who has taken quilting to a new level. She is adding paints and inks to her whole cloth quilts with breathtaking results. Sherry being a smart business woman has made up kits so the rest of us can try her technique. You can see her website @ Sew Far Sew Good

Seeing her beautiful work, I had to try my hand at it and below is my piece at about the half way point. The main colors are added with Gelly Roll pens, the gold is a Sanford Gold Coat pen (from my scrapbooking supplies) each color is 3 layers thick, which seems to be where the ink starts to show its full color strength. I plan to change it up a bit with hand embroidery, beads and crystals. What else would you expect for a Crazy Quilter, right? So stay tuned to see the results.

Remember to click the picture to get up close and personal.






















I know I have been lax in posting, but rest assured I have been quilting. I will have pictures to share with you soon of my Log Cabin quilt, and a Crown Royal quilt I am doing.

Have a Blessed day.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

this is beautiful Gail. Y

Connie said...

This is beautiful. I just can not wrap my head around it! It looks like thread!