Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Tie Block-Update #2

These are latest additions to Judy's tie block. I have been trying different basic stitches and I think they work well here. I have added some closes ups below.















You can see the diamond shapes on the tan fabric, these are really detached arrows connected and outlined in chain stitch using DMC floss in two strands. Above that along the seam you can see a version of detached Holbein stitch. You can click to get a closer look.














On the lower seam (below) you see the same diamond shapes and some more of the detached arrow stitches, placed together to form a zig zag with french knots in the valleys.















I am now working on some paisleys for the brown area along either side to echo the print in the outer corners. I am still trying to decide what to do with the orange and brown stripe print, if anything, same with the tan, brown and blue strips. I won't add anything to the center prints except a simple seam treatment just to further stabilize the delicate fabrics, their prints will do the work of decoration. I am thinking a monogram in the center burgundy square.

I hope everyone is doing well, after 3 days of illness it is good to be feeling better. Until later.

God Bless,

No comments: