Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Friday, March 13, 2009

RR details

This is the work I did for Moira. It is nearly time to mail this block on to the next artist, to add her touches.

This first section, I let the fabric do the work, just wanted to frame it a little and add a few beads to help "pop" the design. My addition include the two seam treatments on either side of the aqua print. The right side is a Sassa Lynne thread and the left is from Susan's thread collection dedicated to the mom's in her moms quilt.






Click for a
detailed
look.








Using the same fabric as inspiration again, I decided to do a paisley, this thread is a rayon thread called Stef Francis, Susan gave it me last summer. It is a bear to work with but I love the colors and they were perfect for this block.















An over all look at the block, it is a beauty and this picture in no way does it justice.















A sneak peak

Here is a sneak peak at what I have been up to lately, I have to warn you all.....................
NEVER......SAY.......NEVER...............you see what happens.......I wasn't ever going
to make jewelry................nor was I ever going to crazy quilt.................you'd think I learn.

TA..........DA.............














You may remember a while back I mentioned making beads from herbs. These beads are made from rose petals. I have begun to string them with crystal beads, I think it is going to be pretty, pretty fancy, too. I also have made myself a mom/grandma necklace, but the pictures were not any good so I will have to show it to you later.

More to come,

2 comments:

Connie said...

Jewlery making is so addicting! It is so fun, relaxing, and creative - enjoy!

Oh, the quilt is beautiful. The colors are very rich.

Peggy said...

quilt is beautiful!!