Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Help is Needed

I have copied and am posting this (a copy of Cathy's post) to my blogs, in hopes that someone can help this family. Cathy from The Stylish Home is in need of our help. Please spread the word, time is critical.

Seeking The Gift Of Life!


HEATHER ERICKSON


Dear Family and Friends,

Please help spread the word about my 25 year old daughter, Heather's medical situation and critical need for a live liver donor transplant.

Heather is a wonderful, caring young woman who has shown amazing grace throughout this difficult time. She is my husband's and my only child and is a daughter dearly loved. Seven years ago Heather was diagnosed with a rare liver disease called Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. It's a progressive illness that destroys the liver ducts and despite everyone's best efforts it could not be stopped.

As a result Heather is currently listed for a liver transplant at Henry Ford Hospital in Michigan. The doctors recommend a live donor to give Heather the best chance for survival, due to the critical shortage of cadaver livers available. Rick, my husband, and I would love to be her donor, but we are not a blood match so we are seeking people who are.


Heather needs someone with O blood type (either negative or positive). who is willing to be tested to be a live liver donor. To learn more about donating please call the Henry Ford transplant coordinator Arlene Helms 313-916-9882 on behalf of Heather Erickson.


We understand a living donation may not be an an option for everyone and respect it's a personal decision.

As always with love,
Cathy and Rick Erickson


Family is a circle of strength and love!

To my blogging friends and readers thank you for your support. I appreciate your kind words and prayers.

2 comments:

Jenny Lou Who said...

I am a type O and would be willing to help your daughter by donating part of my liver. A couple of snags though: I don't have any health insurance, and I have an autoimmune disorder (Celiac disease) that keeps me from being able to donate plasma or blood. Please let me know if I can still help.
heinickej916@gmail.com

Jenny Lou Who said...

Oops..I just got that it's not you I need to be telling this to! I'll let the mother know right away. Sorry!