Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Marianne's Quilt - An Opps

Well, so much for getting all 4 corner blocks done.
When I layed out the blocks to put together this second large block
I noticed a problem, boy am I glad I have not
sewn anymore corner blocks!

Look at the top block.
now
Look at the finished block below that is correct. 

Notice the left blocks (the right ones are ok)
can you see what is wrong? 

Now I need to take these two left blocks apart and rearrange the triangles.
So when I make the remaining blocks with the dark strip
running over the top, they have to be done differently then 
the ones with the light strip running over the top. 
Can you see how I need to change them around?

It is always a good idea to do one block of a quilt 
to 'practice' the construction.  In this case I needed
to do 2 practice blocks, before going gang busters sewing things together.
I really had a time organizing these corner blocks
and now I can see I still need to change something.
 
This pattern is not difficult, unless you change it up like I did.  
When your challenging yourself with a change 
of a pattern like this it really does make sense to take your time as 
there may be unforeseen things to work out.

  I am so gladI found this now, 
before I sat down and sewed up the 
left corner blocks all wrong.
So now to fixing them.

Until next time...........God Bless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

G'day ~ What a lovely bright block. It looks good to me.

Have a lovely summer day ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Candi said...

wow, glad you found that early on Gail. That would have been awful to get it all sewn togethr and discover it. Isn't it amazing how our eyes can deceive us sometimes.
hugz:)
Candi