Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Applique Baby Quilt

Rock-A-Bye Rainbow Baby Quilt



I was asked to make this quilt.  
It is such a cute quilt, all done with raw edge applique.
Here is my rendition as I began to place all
the pieces where they go.  

 Adding the details, cute applique eyes and embroidered smile on the sun.
A butterfly enjoying the suns warmth.
Bright rainbow colors color the sky of blue.

Baby left by the stork and small woodland creatures looking
after her.  

 Another butterfly, fluttering by, while a baby duck swims in the pond.

 A pair of love birds in a tree.

All of the elements are blanket stitched, with embroidery details.

 Baby has removable diaper, and hand embroidered details.

A closer look at the butterfly.

Hand embroidered details, french knot eyes.

Machine embroidery making this little Ava's quilt.

Baby needed a pink bow.  

And finally a binding of many colors.
I hope Ava will like her quilt.  
A gift from her grandma, Pat.  
That I was privileged to make.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! I remember those patterns from the company. I like the color of your trees much better.