Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Friday, December 28, 2018

Ribbon Quilt - Part 2


Ribbon Quilt

Part 2

Ribbons, ribbons, ribbons!

Really it has been enjoyable sewing 
the ribbons to their foundation.

Using clear thread and a zig zag on top
and white thread in the bobbin.  
(Did I already tell you that?)

I have averaged 20 blocks per day, which
includes cutting, and marking the foundation 
and then adding the ribbons.

Backing fabric is ordered, but it is nearly Christmas
(well the day of ordering was) so I do not 
have much hope for a fast delivery, at least if 
my experience this year with receiving and sending
packages is any indication.  Update; it is now the 28th and 
still no fabric, why am I not surprised.  Maybe tomorrow


Here are the 90 blocks needed for the top. 
I wish I could get the sparkle to show.



So while I await the purple fabric I got to work on a 
sham.  These ribbons are smaller  and I did not have enough
white or other colors to make it look good.
So we have red, white (a little trim) and blue.

It is all done but took a long time.  I wanted to miter the corners of the trim
and thank goodness for YouTube 
and 
those who are generous in sharing their expertise.
I would have never figured this out.  

                                                         FLANGE PILLOW VIDEO TUTORIAL



So here we are as we await the fabric for the 
sashing and border.

No comments: