Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Saturday, February 23, 2019

365 Quilt Challenge

365 Quilt Challenge 


Some more blocks.

I guess I over shot the once a week idea, 
got a little carried away.

I have been doing 3 to 5 blocks a day to
try and get caught up.

These little beggars are fun, yet frustrating at the
same time.  

See the one 4th down on the right, 
those are 1/2 inch HST.  Smallest so far.
Well until today maybe when I did 1  X 1 1/4 inch flying geese.
Show you that in a minute.

This group includes my blue and teal, going into green.


 Rounding the corner with green, going into lime.

Remember these are 3 1/2 unfinished.

Greens going into yellow



Just a closer look at the greens.

All fabrics are from my stash, mostly FQs

 Yellows going into oranges, next will be moving into reds.



So I thought I'd show you today's block up close.

After printing out the pattern, I then cut and prepare
several at a time.  Here it was 3 days worth.  I generally 
choose one complicated one and two or three easy ones.
Get my lines drawn and keep the pieces on their
pattern print out.  


Today the block it a 4 T

It calls for 8 -  1 X 1 1/2 inch flying geese.
The corner pieces are 1 inch sq.

Unlike the larger blocks precision is more important,
not a lot of fudge room.  So it is truly a hair on
the corner side of that line, not on it or it won't fit.
You learn this as you go along.  
Very different from working with a larger block.

The two corners for this little flying geese block.
The pins look huge.


 All the little units made.



Cute little pair of geese.


Finished block. 


Working on these IS fun, I enjoy the challenge.

Onward and upward.

Stay tuned for another group of blocks.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, Gail! Those are so tiny! The HST can't be as big as your thumbnail! Wow, I'm impressed. They look great!