Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

TAST - Take a Stitch Tuesday - week 3

Part 2 Detached Chain/Lazy Daisy

Sorry to be a bit late but here is what I have been working on.














I finished up the flower border (in red and green) . Then because
my brain kind of went south..... I got out my little book
Crazy Quilt Stitches, by Dorothy Bond and borrowed some
ideas from her on pages 31-35.















I also played with the bouquet a little, trying silver metallic thread round the
scallops, first with french knots, then I tried a straight stitch in place of the
french knots, which I like better, next I changed thread to a
blending filament, a Wkreinik metallic, that I got from Evening Star Design, and
this is my favorite. You can see a small patch I tested just below the bouquet.

The other designs are done in DMC floss. The little pink flower is some silk
thread Susan sent.















I really like the edge design at the bottom here, the green leaves are
DMC floss, the flower are Wildflower variegated thread, as is the design to
the right. The circle is again DMC floss. I still have a space to play in
but thought I'd get something fresh posted.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post comments
it means alot to get you input and I am happy that my work has inspired
some.

Gail

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love it all! LOL! What you added to the bouquet is really great - a nice sparkly bouquet. I really like the leaves you did, too. The row of flowers along the bottom is very appealing. But, I love it all!