Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Crazy Quilting and Snow

Last year I got a beautiful dress for my granddaughter Destiny, 7 at the time. She grew out of it in a short period of time, of course. I had her give it back to me so I could make something for her out of it. It took me a long time to decide just what to do, it came to me last night as I lay awake.







I decided on a heart using part of the trim on the dress to divide the heart. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the dress before I cut it up. I did get one of the back. The top is velvet, the skirt a flocked velvet in a purple.
Then I added a piece of fabric given to me by Jill Phillips. Instead of just putting it on I stitch around the motif and fussy cut it, the sequins are part of the fabric. Also an addition of lace alone the seam. I will keep you abreast of the development.














The back of the dress.














Snow

After 24 hours of snow here is the scene in our yard. Taken from the front porch.
















Like my garden angels new cloths? We got 6 inches. The sun came out about noon and the temps are up in the 30's so the snow is melting already. Pretty while it lasts.

3 comments:

Susan said...

The snow is lovely, as long as it's in Wyoming. =) The heart is great. What will you do with it?

Candi said...

Your heart is just beautiful, those are some of my favorite colors:) Love the snow too, I miss it now that we're back in this part of CA.
HUGZ:)
Candi

Rachel said...

very pretty! I love the heart.