Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Christmas Stocking Update

A little update on the progress of the Christmas stocking I started a few days ago. The beautiful laces came from the lace buys Susan has been doing, aren't they wonderfully elegant? They really add to the Victorian feel of the piece.















Next you see a gold rick rack, this is a piece I got from my MIL and I believe is quite old, the Herringbone stitch is what I used to hold it in place. I have begun a seam treatment on the toe which is using the Buttonhole stitch.

I finally got my Garden Party quilt off of the longarm machine a couple of days ago and have attached the binding, which now needs to be hand stitched down, but I am not sure I will do that just now.....it is a bit warm to have a quilt on ones lap....LOL. Today I put on an AmHero quilt and got it quilted as well, I need to get the binding on it.....tomorrow another AmHero quilt goes on the machine. I will share these with you soon.

Thank you for stopping by, it means so much to have you visit.
Until later.................God Bless

1 comment:

Susan said...

That looks beautiful. I love the fabrics you chose for the stocking. In the close-up, they go so well with the laces and the stitching. I like the herringbone to hold down the rickrack, and that buttonhole that goes both ways is great. How do you keep the overlapping middle from looking bulky?