Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall Table Set

In 2003-2004 I was involved in a block swap with an online quilting group, NOQ. In this swap we told the other members what colors we wanted to work with. Mine were autumn colors and I wanted to make place mats with the resulting blocks. I have had a difficult time figuring out just how to finish the pretty blocks.

The other day I was looking at my stash and pulled some fabrics out and decided to go for it.

The set includes a table cloth in brown with small orange leaves, a design by Debbie Mum, accented with a large leaf patterned fabric in oranges, greens, burgundy and black. I don't know who designed this leaf fabric, but I love it. It is also used in my Tumbling Blocks of Life quilt that now resides with my mother-in-law.

4 napkins from the large leaf print and 4 place mats bordered with both the small and large leaf prints.















Below are close ups of the mats and each of the blocks made by the other ladies.














Makes of the blocks include (in no particular order) Muriel Roberts, Sheffield UK., Anne Brien, Sheffield UK., Ollie Pliska, Canada., Helen Ferrigno, NY., Hoop-T-Do Pasco, Wa.,














All the quilting is stitch in the ditch, batting is cotton.















The block on the right here (below) was all hand pieced.





























I am very please with how these turned out. Lovely work by the swappers and now I have a new table set for fall and Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

piney cq said...

Very pretty, Gail! I like that a LOT!!!

You've been tagged for a MEME!

Karrin Hurd said...

Very pretty Gail, and I am tagging you for this MeMe Carole of Wippy's Place involved me in! Karrin

Candi said...

Gail, you've been hit again! Tagged for the MeMe...the rules are on my blog.
HUGZ:)
Candi

Thelma said...

Love the colors Gail! You have a very pretty table runner . Everyone did a great job on it.

Franie said...

I don't know what a MEME is but I could tag you if it is a good thing. LOL I love your place mats -- such a wonderful idea to do with them--I like the table cloth against them too. Fall is my favorite time of year too if I have one. If you ever tire of that set you can send them further north.

Candi said...

So pretty Gail! They're going to look beautiful on your table.
HUGZ:)
Candi

Susan said...

What a great way to use up the blocks! I love the table cloth, too. The way you arranged things in the first picture is so artistic!