Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Friday, October 01, 2010

Marianne's Quilt - Part 5

Welcome to installment 5 of Mariann's quilt.
Now that we are past the confusing corner blocks 
and the large 18 inch blocks are constructed.
I wanted to look at a couple of details
Getting the corners of these blocks to line up was a challenge, it took some experimenting  to 
get it right and even when I found the 'trick' it did not always work out as it should.
I don't know if you can pick it out in this picture, above
to match the corner of the triangle and the rectangle (below)
you line up the raw edge of the triangle (lower seam in pic above) with the 
sewn edge of the rectangle (upper seam), then when you sew your 1/4 inch seam
it comes out right on (most of the time).
Clear as mud?????  
In the picture above you also see the 3 borders added to the quilt.
The aqua and dark blue borders are 2 inches each and the little flip border
is one inch, see how it flips up, I love using this kind of accent.
And here is the corner with all three borders.  Next comes the quilting.
I hope your enjoying the process of the quilt.

May God bless you richly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way it's turned out. I can hardly wait to see a picture of the whole thing together with the borders. Great colors, too.

Candi said...

It's just beautiful Gail, you can sure tell you've really put yourself into this. Anxious to see a full pic of it after you quilt it. hugz:)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I'm so in awe of quilting! I would love to be able to make one someday. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...happy pink saturday!

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques