Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Saturday, September 23, 2006


I found this stitch in Crazy Quilt Stitches by Dorothy Bond, on page 75 is the Rosette stitch, then on page 78 is a web like motif with the rosette at the points. I wanted something round in this space so I made a circle with the web like stitches putting a rosette on each point, but it was lacking "pop". Under each rosette I put a set of lazy daisy leaves, still needing something I added french knots in the top set of diamond shapes and in the center. I really like how this came out and I keep going back to look at it.


The seam treatment is straight stitch in a V shape with 3 lazy daisy atop each point and french knots along the inside of the zigzag.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Another beautiful one. I will have to look that up and try it, too. Isn't it interesting how we see different things in the same book?