Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Slow Cloth

I am so glad to see this subject being tossed around. I can't say it as well as everyone else has but I can tell you that the idea of speeding along has annoyed me for some time. I know many who create a quite a day................I just can't! I can't stay on one project for hours at a time, I will so lose interest in it and leave it by the way side.

There was a time when all this speeding around made me feel bad about my self, until I had a talk with myself, giving myself permission to enjoy the process at my own pace.

I am so into "SLOW" everything (well just about everything, I need to eat slower, LOL). I love the process of things, in fact I really don't like getting things done because I can't enjoy working on it anymore.

So I say................move over mister/ms rabbit, us turtles may be slow but we WILL finish the race and with alot more gained in the process.

2 comments:

Angie said...

YES!!! I didn't realize this topic was floating around---but I'm your 'turtle' seestah!! ROFL I just CANNOT stay with one thing for very long, and yes, I'm always feeling bad about myself for 'not keeping up'. So thank you so much for your timely post!!! I really needed to see that there are others 'out there' like me. :> Happy Holidays!

Susan said...

Good point for slow work. I sort of go back and forth. Some things I see through to the end, and some I pick up and put down and some I speed through and we're done. Just depends on what it is. The Moms Quilt is going to definitely be slow work! =)