Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Threads, Beads & Eagles















In the mail today, my order from Evening Star Designs arrived
Carolyn is still having her big clearance sale and she is a delight
to talk with (I phoned in my order, I think I need to do this
more often). Above are beautiful threads by Charleston,
Watercolours by Caron, and then their Wildflowers threads in the
3rd bunch, Artsilk floss all in the Empress colors, and the spools
are metallics by Kreinik. This is so fun for me as I expand my
thread knowledge, only having DMC floss up until a few months
ago. The colors are so pretty, and by the way that skein of deep blue
Wildflower was a gift from Carolyn with my order along with a pattern
for a Great Blue Heron to stitch.














These are the beads and buttons in my order. Mixed teardrops,
tiny ovals, tiny 3 sided ovals (2 bags), 2 buttons - they are so,
so pretty, and the two bags of beads in the middle, one a mix of
beads and the seed beads, also a gift from Carolyn.
She has a lovely site and is a joy to deal with, my order reached
me in 2 (yes, I said 2) days. Now how is that for service!















Now for this panel, I am thinking on embellishing this, I just
love it, a gift from one of the gals who has sent quilt tops
for me to quilt up for American Hero Quilts. I think he will
be beautiful decked out with beads and treads.......what do you
think?

Well, back to working on Destiny's quilt, I will post the finished
quilt in a day or two. Should I post the boys I spy quilts?

3 comments:

Susan said...

Yes to the I Spy quilts. =)

The threads are wonderful. I love the heron and will put it on something sometime. You got some great beads, too. Carolyn is just as nice as can be, isn't she?

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Ohhh, a lovely assortment of goodies. Makes you want to start something right away, doesn't it? I've been happy with things from Carolyn, too.

Jo Raines said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh, what pretty 'stuff'! I love the threads and beads.