Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Special Project - Update

Block 1 is done for the Special Project, Leslie is doing.

Turtle and friend. These are fun little quiltlets, 6 x 8 inches in size. Mr. Turtle is appliqued, he was fussy cut from another piece of fabric. The seaweed consists of rick rack and eyelash yarn. The rick rack is held down with DMC floss and beads. I worried about making a starfish, but he turned out pretty good. Lace and french knots help depict sand, the 'sand' fabric is really snowflakes and I have very little of it left, it is an old fabric I got from a stash that an older friend was getting rid of. Click to get a closer look at all the goodies in the sand.

















Mr. Fish was an experiment he is made of dryer sheets painted with Lumiere paints, padded with batting, a backing applied and then zigzag around the edges in a multi color thread. His eyes are beaded with seed beads and a black sequins. Isn't he cute, I think I will try a seahorse next.....they will go with the blocks, hopefully Leslie can use them on the overall quilt.


Here is a sneak peek at block 2, more to come.

4 comments:

piney cq said...

Oh Gail!!! He's AWESOME!!! Thank you SOOOO much!!!! I love him!!!! So will the kids!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :_))) HUGS...Leslie

Susan said...

What you did is just beautiful. The fish is also wonderful. I would never have imagined that was what you made him from! I need to get one pieced.

Deb Geyer said...

Cool! I think they are both awesome! I love the composition.

Runner Gurl said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog.

Your work is BEAUTIFUL and INSPIRATIONAL.
: D

Happy stitching!

Gail, too.
; )