Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Little Playing Today

 Today, I decided to play a little with
the 
Texture Magic 
I got the other day.
It is put out by Superior Threads
and you can find it at most quilt shops.
 For my play time, I decided on this fat quarter
and drew a design.
 The Texture Magic is white and reminds me of 
lining for a skirt.
I also put batting in between before I did my sewing.
 Here it is sewn, but not steamed
 After sewing you steam (not iron), hold the iron
above the fabric and let the steam penetrate. 

It took about 15 minutes to do the whole thing
 Pretty cool, I think.  
Alot of possibilities with this.
I am thinking it would be a great addition to a
Crazy Quilting project.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How amazing is that ??
Lots of patterns with that TM.. I will have to look out for it at our local quilting shop..
Thanks for sharing your day :))

Anonymous said...

That's really interesting. Did you stitch with the baby machine, then?