Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation Quilt 9


 Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Quilt

 Part 9

Now that the quilting is done
it is time to bind the quilt

After cutting my fabric 1 3/4 inches
I attached it with a 1/4 inch seam.
I chose to do a single layer on the binding,
normally it would be doubled, but with
the thickness of the fabric
I felt it best to do the single layer.
 The binding is sewn to the front of the quilt
and then turned to the back to stitch down by hand.
 Pinned and ready to stitch.  This will take several days
the hand cramps after awhile so breaks are required.

The needle and double thread.
 After stitching
Next up, the label which will go in the last corner


Thank you for stopping by.  It won't be long now
and it will be going to its owners.

May God Bless and Keep you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now see, I'd never get that lost in binding. LOL I like your backing choice.