Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Another detail in Michele's Wallhanging


I like to use my fabric designs as inspiration giving them a bit of 3D. This piece I have shown you before, but I only outlined it and embellished the center. This time, which was actually the first time doing this on this fabric, I did french knots...single french knots. How many are there, I stopped counting at about 300, LOL. The center is done with satin stitch in black DMC floss, with gold floss accents. All the threads are DMC floss (mainly because that is just about all I have).

The lace below the flower is an antique piece.
Seam to the right is stem stitch with lazy daisy flowers, on the other side is pink ribbon with french knots, above is a purchased trim. Click on the photo to enlarge.

1 comment:

Susan said...

300 French knots and counting! I'm in awe. I feel put upon when I do a dozen. =) It looks so lovely, though.