Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Friday, August 18, 2006


.A close up of the flower details, french knots being
added in two green tones.


Now with the glass bead addition for the center of the flower. The
outline gives the flower a 3D effect.

Susan mentioned using the same fabric twice in the making of the block, I do this quit often, it gives the block flow, besides I do not believe the are any rules otherwise, even if there were, I am not a real good at following "rules". I am sure that our fore mothers did this quite often as they did not have as many wonderful fabrics to choose from. Not to mention that one might not even notice if the seam treatments are different as well as the block embellishments.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I like what you have done to the flower. I have a CQ wallhanging that i want to start working on again which has some flowers i didn't know what to do with. Now you have given me ideas as to what to do.

Susan said...

The flower is gorgeous. I will have to look for something that will work like that, to put in the center of a heart or two.

I did use the same fabric over in a heart today. In fact, I surrounded the center entirely with one fabric! And I'll match the peacock thread to that color as closely as possible. This will be one turquoise colored heart!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the close-ups! That is really nice!