Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Friday, August 25, 2006

















In this part of the block I took my inspiration from the fabric. This is a cotton with snowflakes all over it. So to enhance this, single threads were used along with beads to copy several different snowflake shapes. Silver, gold and white DMC flosses, along with a multi color floss that I received in a swap, make the shapes and seed beads give them dimension. I try to get clues from printed fabrics what I should do with them.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That looks so awesome. I have resisted buying the metallic flosses, because of the problem I had with metallic threads in the longarm. Silly, no? I wish I had the metallic threads I had for that machine here! I will get them in Phx this winter. I'll roll some off and send it to you when I find it. Variegated silver and variegated gold, by Superior threads.