Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Good morning all, it is a beautiful day here in Wyoming. I will be able to spend more time at the computer today, since I injured my right ankle yesterday thanks to a large rock that fell on it. Not broken, but the muscle reacted by swelling nicely and letting me know it was not happy. Today the swelling is way down, but the foot is still tender, I can walk but do not have full range of motion. I guess our 3's are taken care of DS crashed on his dirt bike last weekend, DGS crashed on his bike and now this.....Sigh.


Lets have a look at some more things on
this block. Isn't this a great print, I can not remember where I got it, only that it was on a site of free pictures. To this were added french knots for the flowers in her hat and for her dress detail, and her earring.

Fresh water pearls and glass beads encircle her, vintage lace with french knots complete the frame.



You will notice the button flowers are completed in the above picture. These buttons were given to me by my MIL, the glass bead center were purchased at a store in Barstow, Ca. The stems and leaves are simply straight stitch. You'll also note the crystals in the center of the stars on the blue fabric, I will give you a better picture of that in a day or two.



I want to thank Sharon
sharon b's In a minute ago ... for mentioning my blog
among all of the other wonderful blog on her site.
My friend Susan says 'your famous' now. LOL.
You can enjoy Susan's beautiful work here

http://cq4fun.blogspot.com/

Guess I had better go put the foot up, it is beginning to swell, have a wonderfully blessed Sunday, God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail, I didn't realize this was your blog! Wow! Love it and now I know who you are too!

Susan said...

It's a small world, isn't it? =)

I love the treatment around the lady. One of these days, I'm going to try one of these "little women."