Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Michele's Wall Hanging

I began this wall hanging in Feb 2005. Michele saw a picture of a wall hanging she wanted, and asked for it for her birthay, good thing she did not spesify what year since it has now been a year and a half since she asked. This became a take along project when we traveled back and forth to Wyoming from Calif as we began looking for a place to live. We would spend a month at a time and sometimes I would have nothing to do but stay in the room and stitch as Kirk helped a friend. I will share details of the wall hanging over the next weeks, finially showing you the nearly completed 6 - 12 inch blocks.........thought we have to wait until March of next year before it can be finished as we now need to add another letter to one of the blocks for the new baby that is coming.















First up..... Iris from Ann Cox book, one of my favorite flowers, done in 4mm silk ribbon.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, I can see why you love the Iris! It's a gorgeous flower. I will have to try that when I get to filling in spaces on my regular blocks . . . the ones I haven't worked since I got heart-mania!