Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006


This block is all cottons, here we have a buttonhole stitch, lazy daisy and star stitches. Don't you just love the star fabric? Additions will be made to these basic stitches. I think I will add definition to that flower.

I am self taught, preferring to get books and read on how to do things.
The books I got and have learned from are
The Magic of Crazy Quilting by J. Marsha Michier
Elegant Stitches by Judith Baker Montano
Crazy Quilting Stitches by Dorothy Bond
Beginner's guide to Silk Ribbon Embroidery by Ann Cox

I first learned embroidery in homemaking class in high school and never figured to do CQ until Michele (DDIL) ask for a wall hanging, which I will be showing you in the coming days.

Have a quilty day.






5 comments:

Susan said...

I've just started thinking about doing something with a background design, like your rose, because of the Chain of Hearts project. Before, I've always worked on solid fabrics. This will stretch me a little.

Hideko Ishida said...

Gail,
I am looking foward to your new blog. Your CQ works are always beautiful.

Gail said...

Good Susan, I am glad you found some inspiration and Hideko I appriciate you words, you yourself are an artist in CQ.

Lil said...

Welcome to blogland. Your work is beautiful and i look forward to seeing pics of the wallhanging.

Helen said...

Love your new blog Gail. I'm just like you regarding teaching myself from books. Being in a CQ RR is great too as you get to learn from seeing all the gorgeous work of the other participants firsthand.