Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Pink and Green Block


Ok here is the preview of the next section of
the pink and green block. I am using a darker
green DMC floss. Now I have not decided what
I shall do in the open spaces created by the
X's......beads......french knots....??

It does detract from the upper seam treatment which is not making me happy, but I do like the
trellis effect.

So we will see.

2 comments:

JK said...

Gail, what about every other center with a bead or French Knot? This way it may not diminish the seam treatment above it, but bring the eye "to" the seam treatment.

Susan said...

What if you a) stopped the trellis before it runs into the upper seam? or b) made similar lazy daisies and knots coming in and out of the trellis, or down, so that it looks like they are flowers growing on the trellis? That's what I was reminded of when I saw where the two bump into each other. JK's idea is good, too.