Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations and Quilting......Quilt Stylist

Welcome to Big Horn Mountain Creations, Quilting and Embroidery.
Custom quilts and embroidery, also longarm quilting service. No two quilts alike, made especially for you. Feel free to contact me if you want a special work of art for yourself.
Grab a cuppa and enjoy the quilts.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

What do you think?????

I am thinking of removing the sequine flowers posted on Oct 27, I can't decide if it is the leaves that I don't like because the color is kind of wrong or if it is the whole composition.

I need suggestions on what to do?

4 comments:

JK said...

Hi Gail! First thanks for visiting my blog and posting!! Okay, I went back to the block and you know, go with your instinct. Listen to the block, and allow it to choose. If you think those seqin flowers are too much bling, then try an alternate path. Perhaps Spider Web Roses or Bullion Roses? It would give a softer look to this particular patch. Sometimes an area of a block, does not need a lot of embellishment to bring out the beauty.

Lil said...

I think either way but YOU need to be happy with the decision.

I agree with JK and what she posted above.

Lil

Susan said...

I like the loopy part and the leaves. I'm not sure about the sequin flowers, because I'm not seeing them in person. However, I *think* I would like something softer, such as a ribbon rose of some type, at least as much. You have a great sense of what is right, artistically, so trust yourself.

Julia said...

Hi gail, thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a lovely comment.
Without seeing them in person, it's a bit hard to say, but like the other ladies,I too think maybe a softer ribbon rose would look nice and compliment this block
but in the end it's up to you, and what your happy with..